Hunger is a problem that has a solution. Let’s get connected and make a difference! Manna Meals that Matter packages reverse the starvation process, help restore health, and improve a child’s mental and physical alertness. Each package provides six nutritionally complete servings to feed the starving children around the world and the hungry here at home, all for the low cost of 30 cents per serving!
Manna Meals that Matter, in association with internationally recognized nutritionists developed a food formula comprised of rice, fortified soy protein, vegetables, and essential vitamins & minerals.
Oatmeal, Macaroni and Cheese, and Rice Pilaf have been developed for distribution to local food banks and pantries for the food insecure in the United States.
Manna Meals that Matter are:
- Protein Rich: Each package contains 66 grams (6 – 13 gram servings) of protein.
- Vegetables: Many meal packages contain dehydrated vegetables.
- Vitamin and mineral fortified: Each serving contains 21 essential vitamins & minerals for a growing body.
- Multiple servings per package: One package provides six one-cup servings.
- Simple to Prepare: Boil package contents in water for twenty minutes.
- Long life: Each sealed package has a shelf life of two years.
- Participation in packing and delivering meals allows individuals the opportunity to engage in learning about hunger and nutrition.
HUNGER STATS FROM THE UNITED STATES
- Hunger affects all 50 states, all 435 Congressional districts, and every country on earth.
- 49 million Americans (15%) live at risk of hunger: 1/6 (The Alliance to End Hunger)
- In 2010, households that had higher rates of food insecurity than the national average included households with children (20.2%), especially households with children headed by single women (35.1%) or single men (25.4%), black non-Hispanic households (25.1%) and Hispanic households (26.2%).
- In 2010, 4.8% of all US households (5.6 million households) accessed emergency food from a food pantry one or more times. Source: Feeding America